MINNEAPOLIS – The Latest on an internal investigation by Minneapolis police into the November 2015 fatal shooting of a black man by two white officers on the city's north side (all times local):
Police in Minneapolis say two officers involved in the fatal shooting of a black man last November won't face discipline.
Chief Janee Harteau (HAR'-toh) announced the result of an internal investigation Friday at a news conference.
The investigation stemmed from the death of 24-year-old Jamar Clark during a confrontation with two white police officers. Some witnesses told police that Clark was handcuffed at the time.
But an investigation by the state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension found that the officers had tried and failed to handcuff Clark, and he was shot in the ensuing confrontation after one of the officers shouted that Clark had his hand on the officer's gun.
Harteau said the officers didn't violate any policy and the use of deadly force was warranted.
The local county attorney and the U.S. attorney both declined to bring charges against the officers.
Police in Minneapolis say they have an update in an investigation tied to the fatal shooting of a black man last year.
Jamar Clark died in November in a confrontation with two white officers on the city's north side. The 24-year-old's death set off weeks of protests, including an 18-day tent encampment around the area's police precinct. Neither officer was charged.
Police say they'll release information Friday on their internal investigation. No details were immediately released.
Some witnesses said Clark was handcuffed when he was shot. But investigators say the officers tried but failed to handcuff Clark, who was shot in the ensuing struggle after one officer shouted that Clark had his hand on an officer's gun.
The local prosecutor and the U.S. attorney in Minneapolis declined to file charges.