TAVARES, Fla. – A Florida high school janitor has been charged with poisoning his boss's drink with a floor wax remover.
Lake County Sheriff's officials charged Russell Terrence Smith on Friday with poisoning food.
Authorities said in a news release that head custodian Jackie Rocket-Smart Hansell told them she and Smith had been at odds over her recent promotion. Hansell left a soda on her desk and walked away. When she returned, she took a big sip and said it burned her throat.
Hansell was hospitalized Monday, but her condition wasn't released.
Citing an arrest affidavit, the Orlando Sentinel (http://tinyurl.com/jjhov2r) reported that Smith said he thought Hansell poisoned her drink herself.
No one responded immediately to a message left with the sheriff's office Friday.
Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com/