A 2-year-old critically injured in a Columbus, Ohio, house fire last week died from her injuries Friday -- one day after the blaze -- marking the city’s fifth death blamed on a child playing with fire in the past five months.

Investigators said that Anna Marshall-Miller's older brother admitted to lighting paper on fire in bed, ABC6onyourside.com reported.

Three other children and the girl's great-uncle were able to escape the burning house.

One neighbor told the station that the great uncle was alerted that the toddler was still in the home, but the smoke and heat were too intense to get upstairs.

“Ran right inside the house and walked up the stairs,” the neighbor said. “I touched the door and it was too hot and the smoke was so bad I had to walk back downstairs.”

On Jan. 21, two children died when one of them started a fire by lighting paper on his bed. Three days earlier, two adults died as a result of a blaze started by children playing with legal fireworks at their home.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.