BOSTON – A judge has rejected a motion by The Boston Globe to publicly release the names of jurors in the Boston Marathon bombing trial.
Judge George O'Toole Jr.'s ruling Monday came more than three months after a federal jury convicted Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-HAHR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) in the deadly 2013 attack and voted in favor of the death penalty.
The judge says the jurors' names eventually will be made public. But he says they'll remain sealed while Tsarnaev's motion for a new trial is pending.
Tsarnaev's lawyers argued in a motion filed last week he deserves a new trial in a different location where jurors will be impartial.
The judge says the defense has asked to examine the jurors' social media activity. He says disclosing juror identities while the motion is pending likely will "interfere with the integrity of the proceedings."