ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – A court released the names of the jurors in the Casey Anthony trial for the first time Tuesday since they acquitted the Florida woman of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.
The "cooling off" period a judge cited in delaying the release for three months ended Tuesday, and the names of 12 jurors and three alternates were released by the Pinellas County Clerk of Court.
After the trial ended in July, Judge Belvin Perry said he wanted time to pass before the names were made public because some of the jurors had received death threats.
Jurors were selected from Pinellas County, along Florida's Gulf Coast, because of concerns about pretrial publicity in Orlando. The jurors were sequestered until the verdict was announced.
Associated Press reporters knocked on doors Tuesday at homes where the jurors were thought to live. In most cases, the blinds or drapes were closed shut and no one answered. Dogs could be heard barking inside some of the homes.
At another home, a woman who answered the door said the juror doesn't live there.
Anthony was acquitted of killing Caylee and released from jail a couple of weeks after the trial ended. She is now serving probation on an unrelated check fraud charge at an undisclosed location in Florida.
She was deposed earlier in October for a civil lawsuit that accuses her of ruining another woman's reputation. Anthony told detectives in 2008 that her daughter had been kidnapped by a nanny named Zenaida Gonzalez. The child's body was later found in a wooded area not from the Anthony's home in Orlando.
Detectives have said no such baby sitter existed. But there is an Orlando woman named Zenaida Gonzalez and she sued Anthony over the name confusion.