Clint Bowyer still doesn't have a new deal in place for 2016, but he's feeling better about his prospects.

That said, Bowyer insisted Thursday that it's too early to talk specifics.

"You're not going to get one click off what I'm going to tell you about my future right now," said Bowyer during Thursday's media event in downtown Chicago in advance of the start of the Chase for the Sprint Cup. "Not one."

More from FoxSports

Bowyer said he's still working on his 2016 plans and is feeling good about his prospects, which was not necessarily the case when MWR announced it was shutting down at the end of the season.

"Who would have thought when that happened that anybody would call?" said Bowyer of the MWR shutdown announcement. "We've run bad. I was scared. Really, really honestly, I was scared for myself, because I didn't know what that meant. I didn't know if that was the end, if that meant the end of my Cup career. ... That's not a good time, that's not a good situation."

It was especially disheartening because Bowyer had signed a new three-year contract earlier this year.

That said, it appears Bowyer won't have any problems finding a new ride for '16, which has him feeling upbeat.

"I was really, really worried," Bowyer said. "But I've been humbled by the people who have reached out and called, concerned. And the offers. It's a great feeling."