Menu

FOOTBALL

WR Brian Hartline agrees to 5-year deal for nearly $31 million to remain with Dolphins

Brian Hartline's agent says the veteran receiver has agreed to terms on a five-year deal for nearly $31 million to remain with the Miami Dolphins.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus says Friday the contact includes $12.5 million guaranteed. Hartline would have become an unrestricted free agent Tuesday but wanted to remain with the team that drafted him in 2009.

Hartline led Miami last year with 74 receptions for 1,083 yards, both career highs, but caught only one touchdown pass. Hartline has 183 career receptions and six scores.

Landing a top receiver for quarterback Ryan Tannehill remains the Dolphins' No. 1 offseason priority. Their wideouts combined for only three touchdown catches in 2012.