A number of critical issues loom for members of Congress, as they prepare to leave Washington for the August recess. We'll discuss immigration, spending, the 2014 midterm elections, and the future of the GOP with Rep Steve Scalise (R-LA), in his first national television interview since being elected House Majority Whip.
Search by keyword or date to find a transcript.
- Jul 20, 2014 Kerry addresses Russia-Ukraine standoff, Israel's Gaza offensive; Sens. Menendez, Corker discuss MH17 crash; Sen. Ted Cruz crafts border bill
- Jul 13, 2014 Perry, McCaul talk border crisis; Netanyahu, Ross on Gaza offensive
- Jul 06, 2014 Peace process permanently derailed in Middle East? Plus, Darrell Issa on IRS scandal
- Jun 29, 2014 Reps. Becerra, Goodlatte debate if President Obama is guilty of executive overreach
- Jun 22, 2014 Kevin McCarthy talks Iraq, future of the GOP; latest on IRS scandal
- Jun 15, 2014 Rep. Mike Rogers discusses Iraq crisis; what's next for the GOP after shake up in leadership?
- Jun 08, 2014 Firestorm over the deal to trade five Taliban leaders for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
- Jun 01, 2014 Reince Priebus and Sen. Claire McCaskill discuss Clinton's potential candidacy; More changes ahead for the VA?
- May 25, 2014 Growing frustration over president's response to VA scandal; will Russia respect Ukraine vote
- May 18, 2014 Dick and Lynne Cheney talk Ukraine, Benghazi and Hillary
- May 11, 2014 How should US respond to Boko Haram? Will select committee get to the bottom of Benghazi?
- May 04, 2014 Answers sought following Benghazi revelations; ObamaCare's impact on job creation
- Apr 27, 2014 Reaction to Supreme Court ruling on Michigan's ban on race-based college admissions; Gov. Pence talks gun control, Ukraine, political future
- Apr 20, 2014 Amb. Sergey Kislyak on efforts to defuse Ukraine crisis; Cardinal Donald Wuerl on the 'Francis effect'
- Apr 13, 2014 Did Kathleen Sebelius have to go? Will DOJ pursue criminal charges against Lois Lerner?
- Apr 06, 2014 Sen. Kaine, Rep. McCaul on security at stateside military bases; Gen. Hayden reacts to Morell's Benghazi testimony
- Mar 30, 2014 Rep. Mike Rogers talks Ukraine standoff, retirement plans; Sens. Barrasso, King on fixing ObamaCare
- Mar 23, 2014 Inside the search for Flight 370; Gov. John Kasich reflects on Ohio's economic turnaround
- Mar 16, 2014 Search for Flight 370 enters a new phase; will Crimea vote further inflame US tensions with Russia?
- Mar 09, 2014 Robert Gates on Ukraine crisis, 'reset' with Russia; Sen. Rand Paul lays out vision for America at CPAC
On the Show
The death toll in Gaza climbs as Israel continues its offensive against Hamas militants. Secretary of State John Kerry, who is in the region, has claimed some progress in negotiating a cease-fire, though no deal has yet been reached. We'll talk exclusively with Hanan Ashrawi, a member of the PLO Executive Committee and a top Palestinian leader, who has called the conflict in Gaza a "deliberate massacre."
Israel's military forces continue to focus on destroying a series of underground tunnels they say are used by Hamas to launch attacks against the Jewish state. We'll talk exclusively with Amb Ron Prosor, Israel's Ambassador to the UN, about the offensive and the possibility of a cease-fire.