Former model, mother of two and “Real Housewives of New York City” reality star Kelly Killoren Bensimon reveals her diet and beauty secrets in her new book “I Can Make You HOT: The Supermodel Diet.”
In it, you’ll find Kelly’s favorite recipes, health and fitness tips, and the "KKB 3-Day Supermodel Diet." We caught up with the hottest Real Housewife and got the inside scoop on her supermodel diet.
Kelly tells us that the KKB Supermodel Diet is “a three-day diet, (in) which you can actually lose three to five pounds.” While on the Supermodel Diet, “you have to drink eight glasses of water, you have to drink two of my Kelly Green Juices … and then you have to eat clean food.” But when it comes to everyday eating, Kelly’s not on the supermodel diet and she loads up on carbs during lunch. Kelly believes if you eat well during the week and have a hearty lunch, “you’re able to process information better, probably deal with altercations better, and you’ll just have more energy.”
Watch our exclusive interview with Kelly Killoren Bensimon above and read on to learn more about the Supermodel Diet as well as Kelly’s fitness routine and the Kelly Green Juice recipe.
The KKB 3-Day Supermodel Diet
- Cut out oil, alcohol (in a glass and in your food), sugar, nuts, salt and caffeine — no cheating.
- For breakfast, have two cups of Kelly Green Juice (see recipe below).
- For lunch, stick to brown rice or a grain (without sauce) with chicken and vegetables.
- For dinner, try a lean cut of steak, chicken or shrimp with steamed spinach and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Drink a glass of water with lemon juice after dinner.
- Switch your plates: Make your dinner plate your salad plate and vice versa for portion control.
- Chew your food eight times instead of three or four.
- Brush your teeth and chew mint gum as soon as you finish eating. When your mouth is fresh and minty, you’ll be less tempted to eat again.
- Drink eight to ten glasses of water a day — any more can cause water intoxication.
- Take a multivitamin every day.
- Do 20 minutes of light, restorative exercise — biking, walking, yoga, Pilates — every day.
- Sleep eight hours every night.
- Nurture yourself: Have a mani-pedi, take a bath, use a body scrub and baby oil, blow out your hair, put on eyeliner and mascara, and blush your cheeks.
Kelly Green Juice RecipeMakes two 8-ounce glasses
8 fresh mint leaves, chopped4 fresh lemon balm or parsley leaves, chopped3 kale leaves, chopped1 cup chopped broccoli1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice1 cup waterCombine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Kelly’s Healthy 25-Minute Workout
- Go for an easy 18-minute run.
- Jump rope for two minutes.
- Lie on your stomach with your legs stretched behind you and your hands slightly in front of your shoulders. Tuck in your toes and lift your hips off the floor until your hands and legs are straight. Now stretch your body forward, bending your elbow until your body forms a straight line parallel to the floor. Return to your starting position and repeat. Do this for two minutes.
- Now, turn on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Keeping your shoulders flat on the floor and pressing down with your feet, raise your hips off the floor until you’re making a straight line from knees to shoulders. Do this 5 times.