Cosmetic Surgery

Med student dies trying to get lips enlarged

 (CEN)

A 23-year-old dentist and medical student died after experiencing an allergic reaction on the operating table, where she was supposed to undergo cosmetic surgery.

Maria Delyukina went to private clinic in Volgograd, southern Russia, to have her lips enlarged and chin re-profiled, Central European News (CEN) reported.

More on this...

While the team administered anesthesia, Delyukina suffered massive anaphylactic shock. Though the team tried to stabilize her and transport her to emergency care, she died before she arrived at the hospital.

Anaphylactic shock, a severe allergic reaction to a drug or substance, can cause fatal breathing complications or low blood pressure.

Officials plan to conduct an autopsy to figure out why pre-operative tests didn’t detect the woman’s allergy, CEN reported.