Menu

Mind and Body

Washington Man Finds Dead Mouse in Energy Drink Can

KREM.com

A Washington man is suing Hansen Beverage Company, the maker of Monster Energy Drinks, after claiming he found a dead mouse at the bottom of a can—and has pictures and lab testing to support his case, KREM.com reported.

Vitaliy Sulzhik, 19, of Federal Way, Wash., said he finished drinking a Monster Energy Drink, which he bought at a local Fred Meyer supermarket and realized the can wasn’t empty.

"I put it down, and I felt it was still heavy. So I backwashed it, and all this debris went into my mouth," said Sulzhik of the March 2010 incident. "Then I looked in the can, and I saw the tip of the tail, and I vomited everywhere."

But it wasn’t just a tail—it was an entire dead mouse.

Sulzhik got an attorney, who sent the can to MDE Inc., a Seattle-based lab, which conducted a number of tests. The tests revealed that there was no trauma or poison involved in the mouse’s death.

"You hear these wild stories out there. Sure, you're a little skeptical at first," said Reed Yurchak, Sulzhik's attorney. "But everything here has checked out."

Hansen Beverage Company is aware of all the information, but Yurchak said they refuse to believe his client. They have declined to comment on the lawsuit.

Click here to read more from KREM.com