In honor of her 42nd birthday, a few facts about our favorite former Fly Girl.
1.• Jennifer Lynn Lopez was born in the Bronx, NY, on July 24, 1969.
2. • She has two sisters, Lynda and Leslie.
3. • She took dancing and singing lessons beginning at age 5.
Jennifer Lopez is Human Too!
William Levy Is Caliente!
Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony Through The Years
Advice to Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony: How to Avoid a Messy Divorce
William Levy on Relationship With Jennifer Lopez: "Strictly Professional"
Fat Joe Devastated Over Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony Divorce
Was Jennifer Lopez Sick of Marc Anthony's Temper?
Jennifer Lopez Reportedly Almost Called It Quits After Learning About Marc Anthony Alleged Fling with a Flight Attendant
Jennifer Lopez’s New Reality Show is about a Towing Crew. Yeah, Towing.
Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony: "¡Q'Viva! The Chosen" Will Go On
4. • She went to all-girl schools, graduating from the Bronx’s Preston High School..
5. • After graduation, she did a stint in Japan dancing in the musical Synchronicity.
8. • Her first major film was Gregory Nava’s “Mi Familia: My Family”
9. • In an interview, she later claimed both Woody Harrelson and Wesley Snipes had made passes at her while the trio filmed “Money Train,” and that when she turned Snipes down, “He wouldn't talk to me for two months. I was like, 'What an a-----.'”
10. • She also said Stephen Dorff made a pass at her while they were filming “Blood and Wine” with Jack Nicholson in Miami in 1998. He “got really upset” after being denied, Lopez related, she told him, “Look, I'm just not interested at this point in my life, but don't pull a Wesley on me!'”
11. • It was also while filming Blood and Wine that she spotted Cuban waiter Ojani Noa, then 23. She’d go on to make him Husband #1.
12. • One guest at her first wedding was Oliver Stone, who had directed her in U-Turn.
13. • The marriage lasted 13 months.
14. • She was on the first cover of Latina magazine in 1996.
15. • Her first headlining role was as Selena Quintanilla-Pérez in 1997’s “Selena.”
16. • In 1998, she starred as a sexy federal marshal with George Clooney in Out of Sight. The film was later nominated for an Oscar.
17. • She became the highest-paid Latina actress in Hollywood history.
18. • This Vanity Fair photo threw fuel on the never-confirmed rumor that her famous assets were insured for $1 billion.
20. • About Gwyneth, she said, "I swear to God, I don't remember anything she was in. Some people get hot by association." She then added: "I heard more about her and Brad Pitt [who Gwyneth dated] than I ever heard about her work."
21. • Lopez’ 1999 debut album, On the 6 was named after the subway train that shuttled her between her Bronx home and Manhattan dance auditions.
22. • It produced five hit singles and went triple platinum.
23. • Lopez started dating “On the 6” producer Sean “Puffy” Combs.
24. • On December 27, 1999, Combs and Lopez were taken into police custody after fleeing gunshots fired at Club New York, a midtown Manhattan nightclub. At the police station, Lopez reportedly requested a nail file.
26. • In January 2001, she was the first woman to have a movie (“The Wedding Planner") and an album (“J.Lo”) at number one in the same week.
27. • She met Husband #1, Cris Judd, while filming the video for "Love Don't Cost A Thing": He was a dancer. She was linked to him even while still dating Combs.
28. • In what was rumored to be a desperate attempt to keep the relationship going, Combs released 100 white doves and 100 pink balloons outside her house. No matter: They broke up three weeks later, on Valentine’s Day.
29. • She marries Judd, Husband #2, in September.
30. • “Jenny from the Block” was the first single off her third album, "This is Me... Then," in 2002.
31. • She met Ben Affleck when they both signed on to film “Gigli.” In March 2002, he took out a $3000 full-page ad in The Hollywood Reporter complimenting Lopez on her "graciousness of spirit, beauty in courage, great empathy, astonishing talent, real poise and true grace."
32. • By end of July, she and Judd had filed for divorce, and “Bennifer” was born. In November, he gives her an engagement ring featuring a 6.1-carat pink diamond.
33. • “Gigli” earns scathing reviews, and Bennifer breaks up in January 2004.
34. • Three weeks later, she’s dating old flame Marc Anthony.
35. • This 2005 Washington Post article pondered, basically, The Meaning of J.Lo.
37. • Marc’s nickname for her was, “Lola.” (his divorce lawyer better hope it doesn’t stand for, “Whatever Lola wants…”)
39. • In November 2007, she confirms whispers that had been swirling for months: She’s pregnant. Twins Max and Emme are born in 2008.
40. • People magazine reportedly paid $6 million for photos of the twins.
41. • She was asked to join season 10 of “American Idol,” which ended up reviving her career.
42. • She and husband Marc Anthony announced they would end their 7-year marriage on July 15.