Print Print    Close Close

Full-fledged Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade will likely return this year: de Blasio

By Julia Marsh, Sam Raskin, Julia Marsh, Sam Raskin

Published September 08, 2021

New York Post
Fox News Flash top headlines for September 8 Video

A full-fledged Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will likely return this November after it was scaled down last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Wednesday.

"We’re very hopeful … that we can do this the full way, the right way, which I think will be a great moment for the comeback of this city," de Blasio said during his daily press briefing.

"We’ll be getting more details out as it gets closer, but it’s looking like a good news situation."

In November 2020, the annual balloon-filled Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade was a deflating experience for the small crowd of spectators who attended the curtailed events amid the pandemic, restrictive NYPD barricades and drizzle. The TV spectators also griped about the viewing experience from their couches.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Before the pandemic, more than 3.5 million parade-watchers gathered in November 2019 along the 2.5-mile route from the Upper West Side to Herald Square.

Click here to read more on the New York Post.

Print Print    Close Close

URL

https://www.foxnews.com/us/macys-thanksgiving-parade-return

  • Home
  • Video
  • Politics
  • U.S.
  • Opinion
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Sports
  • Weather
  • Privacy
  • Terms

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by LSEG. Do Not Sell my Personal Information - New Terms of Use - FAQ