Print Print    Close Close

Safina pulls out of Dubai with back injury

Published January 08, 2015

Reuters

MOSCOW (Reuters) - World number two Dinara Safina has pulled out of next week's Dubai tennis championships because of continuing problems with a back injury, the Russian said on Monday.

"Unfortunately, I will not be able to play this year because of the back injury that's been bothering me since the end of last season," Safina said on her official website (www.dinarasafina.com).

Safina has not played since retiring injured during her fourth-round match against compatriot Maria Kirilenko at the Australian Open last month.

The 23-year-old said she was hoping to come back at the $4.5-million Indian Wells tournament in the United States, starting on March 10.

Print Print    Close Close

URL

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/safina-pulls-out-of-dubai-with-back-injury

  • Home
  • Video
  • Politics
  • U.S.
  • Opinion
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Sports
  • Weather
  • Privacy
  • Terms

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by LSEG. Do Not Sell my Personal Information - New Terms of Use - FAQ