Print Print    Close Close

'Ultimate Slip 'N Slide' canceled at NBC months after 'explosive diarrhea' outbreak

By Melissa Roberto

Published August 07, 2021

Fox News
Fox News Flash top entertainment headlines for August 7 Video

NBC has canceled "Ultimate Slip 'N Slide" months after production of the competition series was halted due to an "explosive diarrhea" outbreak.

The show, which was going to be hosted by "Saturday Night Live" alum and comedian Bobby Moynihan and actor-writer Ron Funches, will not return to production and has been canceled in its entirety, NBC confirmed to Fox News.

A spokesperson for the show confirmed to Fox News last month that the Aug. 8 premiere ahead of the Olympic Summer Games closing ceremony would not be airing as scheduled.

The show initially described the premiere as a two-night event slated for Aug. 8 and Aug. 9. "Family Game Fight" will now air during the time slow instead, according to NBC.

NBC'S 'ULTIMATE SLIP 'N SLIDE' HALTS PRODUCTION FOLLOWING 'EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA' OUTBREAK ON SET: REPORTS

Production on the Simi Valley, California, set was halted in June after a crew member tested positive for giardia, a parasite that causes diarrheal disease if swallowed.

Actor Ron Funches was expected to be one of the hosts of the series.

Actor Ron Funches was expected to be one of the hosts of the series. ( Rob Kim/Getty Image)

At the time, a spokesperson for Universal Television Alternative Studios, which was producing the show, told Fox News in a statement: "The health and safety of everyone on our set is our number one priority, so out of an abundance of caution we have made the decision to stop production of Ultimate Slip ‘N Slide at the current location.  We are in the process of determining next steps in order to complete production."

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Water in the area was tested by a third-party lab and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and Ventura County Public Health. Results showed on June 10 that giardia was found in the surrounding area of the set. 

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

News of the outbreak was first reported by The Wrap. The outlet, citing a person with knowledge, reported that the giardia outbreak caused 40 members of the crew to become "violently ill" with "awful explosive diarrhea." The report claims it left people "collapsing" on set and rushing to find restrooms, the outlet said.

Melissa Roberto covers entertainment at Foxnews.com. You can reach her at Melissa.Roberto@fox.com.

Print Print    Close Close

URL

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ultimate-slip-n-slide-cancelled-nbc-explosive-diarrhea-outbreak

  • Home
  • Video
  • Politics
  • U.S.
  • Opinion
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Sports
  • Weather
  • Privacy
  • Terms

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by LSEG. Do Not Sell my Personal Information - New Terms of Use - FAQ