SANAA, Yemen – The Latest on the conflict in Yemen (all times local):
Yemen's Houthi rebels and medical officials say Saudi-led airstrikes near the rebel-held capital have killed at least five people.
The head of the Houthis' media office, Abdel-Rahman al-Ahnomi, told The Associated Press the first airstrike on Wednesday hit a group of women attending a funeral and a second hit first responders in Arhab, some 40 kilometers (25 miles) from Sanaa. He said the strikes killed and wounded dozens of people.
Medical officials said five bodies were recovered from the scene, mostly women, and that the toll was likely to rise. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to brief reporters.
The war in Yemen has killed more than 10,000 civilians and displaced over three million people.
A Saudi-led coalition has been fighting the Houthis and forces loyal to a former Yemeni president since March 2015. The campaign is aimed at restoring the internationally recognized government of President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi.
— Ahmed al-Haj in Sanaa, Yemen
Doctors Without Borders is warning of a worsening situation in the Yemeni city of Taiz, where hospitals have been repeatedly attacked and where some 200,000 people are facing shortages of food, water and medicine.
Djoen Besselink, the head of the aid group's Yemen mission, told reporters in Jordan on Monday that attacks on hospitals, ambulances and medical staff had severely limited the group's activities in the city, which has been partially besieged by Houthi rebels since April 2015.
Besselink, who visited Taiz last month, said he's "never seen such destruction" at the four hospitals his group supports. He says "there's not a single room without bullet holes, the windows are gone, there's no more equipment. It's total failure."
He says the four hospitals treated over 10,000 people in 2016.