BEIRUT – The Latest on the conflict in Syria (all times local):
Syrian state TV is reporting that two explosions have occurred in a village in the central province of Homs, killing and wounding several people.
The channel says the first blast in the village of Mukharam al-Fawkani was a car bomb and the second was a suicide attacker wearing an explosive belt. The report gave no breakdown of the casualties from the blasts.
The Islamic State group had claimed responsibility for similar attacks in Homs province in recent months that killed scores of people.
The violence came as the northern city of Aleppo witnessed relative calm as U.S. officials announced an agreement had been reached with Russia to extend Syria's latest fragile cease-fire to the deeply contested northern city.
The Syrian military said the truce, which began at 12:01 a.m. Thursday (5 p.m. Wednesday EDT) would last only 48 hours.
Turkey's state-run news agency says a salvo of rockets has struck southern Turkey, wounding four people.
The Anadolu Agency said three rockets struck the Turkish town of Kilis early Thursday.
The rockets were fired from Islamic State group-controlled territory in Syria, according to the private Dogan News agency.
It said one policeman was among the wounded and broadcast images of damaged buildings and vehicles.
Such incidents have become a regular occurrence in the border town, which is home to a significant Syrian refugee population.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned IS on Wednesday that no attack on Turkey would go unanswered.
Cross-border fire has left 20 people dead and dozens of others wounded this year.
The Turkish military typically fires back in line with its rules of engagement.