PARIS – The Latest on the deadly attacks in Brussels and Paris (all times local):
The Federal Prosecution Office in Brussels says it can confirm that arrested terror suspect Mohamed Abrini was the third man present at Brussels Airport during the March 22 suicide bombings there.
Authorities have been frantically seeking the "man in the hat" ever since he was filmed alongside the two bombers just before the airport attack that killed 16 people. Belgian authorities recently released more footage of the man leaving the airport in the wake of the bombings, walking down sidewalks and past a hotel.
Albrini was arrested Friday in Brussels in a police raid. The prosecutor's office said Saturday that Abrini "confessed his presence at the crime scene" after being confronted by investigators.
A Belgian official says a sixth person has been arrested over suspected links to the March 22 Brussels bombings, adding to the five caught in a series of raids Friday.
A spokesman for Belgium's federal prosecutor's office says the person is under arrest but has refused to give any further details ahead of an official announcement due later Saturday.
The official spoke anonymously as he was not allowed to speak publicly. He also said that a suspect arrested earlier — identified only as Osama K. by authorities — was from Sweden, providing partial confirmation that the man is Osama Krayem from the Swedish city of Malmo.
Magnus Ranstorp, a counterterrorism expert at the Swedish National Defense College, says Krayem had previously posted photos from Syria on social media.