A Taco Bell executive who was fired after he was caught on video attacking an Uber driver is claiming in a lawsuit that the video was recorded without his consent.

He is suing the 23-year-old driver, Edward Caban, for $5 million.

The fired executive, 32-year-old Benjamin Golden, says that as a result of the media coverage he suffered emotional distress, humiliation and the loss of his job.

According to the Orange County Register, Golden filed a cross-complaint last month saying Caban illegally recorded him and posted on YouTube the video of the November incident.

Golden was arrested and charged with misdemeanor assault and battery.

More On This...

The now-viral video captured by a dashboard-mounted camera shows Golden repeatedly striking Caban on the trip in Costa Mesa.

In an interview with the register, Caban’s attorney said his client was traumatized by the attack.

“It’s been a living nightmare for this young kid who has never had any altercations,” Rivers said. “He’s fearful, he can’t sleep, he just can’t get this out of his head.”

In November, the driver sued the former executive for more than $25,000 in damages. Golden is due back in court on Feb. 24.

Based on reporting by the Associated Press.

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter & Instagram