JAKARTA, Indonesia – The latest on explosions in downtown Jakarta (all times local):
National police spokesman Anton Charliyan has told reporters a black IS flag was found at the home of one of the Jakarta attackers and police believe they have established their identities.
He says two of the five men were previously convicted and imprisoned for terrorism offenses. He did not release any names.
Five men attacked a Starbucks cafe and a traffic police booth with hand-made bombs, guns and suicide vests Thursday, killing two people and injuring 20. All the attackers were killed.
The scene of the attack, in Jakarta's downtown business area, has been sealed off with metal fences. Traffic was flowing normally on Friday morning.
Police have told an Indonesian TV channel that they have arrested three men on suspicion of links to the attack in Jakarta.
Depok area police chief Col. Dwiyono told MetroTV that the men were arrested at dawn at their homes in Depok on the outskirts of Jakarta.
Dwiyono, who goes by one name, says the men are being questioned over possible links to the attack Thursday that killed seven.
MetroTV broadcast footage of the handcuffed men being escorted by police.
The secretary general of the United Nations has condemned the bombings and gun attacks in Jakarta and expressed "his solidarity with the government and people of Indonesia."
A statement released by Ban Ki-moon's spokesman said the secretary general "reaffirms that there is absolutely no justification for such acts of terrorism. He hopes the perpetrators of today's attacks will be swiftly brought to justice."
Thursday's attack in central Jakarta left seven dead, five were the attackers and two were civilians — and Indonesian and a Canadian.