MEXICO CITY – The bodies of eight Mexican tourists killed in a mistaken attack by Egyptian security forces earlier this month have been returned to Mexico.
Mexico's Foreign Relations Department says the bodies arrived on a commercial flight Tuesday and have been taken to a Mexico City morgue. The bodies will be subject to a forensic examination before being handed over to their families.
Six Mexican tourists who were wounded in the Sept. 13 incident returned to Mexico on Friday. All are expected to recover.
Egyptian forces hunting militants mistakenly attacked the tourists' convoy in Egypt's western desert. Survivors have said the attack was carried out by helicopters and an airplane and involved bombs dropped on the tourists' vehicles.