A Pakistani man living in Canada who is accused of plotting to bomb the U.S. Consulate and other buildings in Toronto will be deported.

Canada's immigration board said Friday that Jahanzeb Malik cannot remain in Canada because he is a security threat.

Malik's lawyer told an Immigration and Refugee Board detention hearing Friday that his client won't fight the deportation order.

Malik, 33, was arrested in March for allegedly plotting to use remote-controlled bombs to blow up the U.S. Consulate and Toronto's financial buildings. Authorities contend he's a supporter of the Islamic State group.

The immigration board previously heard how an undercover Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer befriended Malik, who professed support for terror groups.

Malik came to Canada in 2004 as a student.