As part of the Staples Black Friday sales this year, the office-supply retail giant has deals on dozens of all-in-one inkjet, black-and-white laser, and color laser printers.
According to BFAds.net, you can start your Staples Black Friday shopping online on Thanksgiving or head to the store at 6 a.m. on Black Friday. There's a limit of one printer per customer.
Here are some models worth checking out as part of Staples Black Friday deals:
Staples Black Friday Printer Deals
More From Consumer Reports
- Epson Expression Premium XP-830 all-in-one inkjet, $129.99. This high-scoring all-in-one is very versatile, and it doesn't use very much extra ink to maintain the print heads. Best Buy is selling it for $199.99.
- Epson Workforce Pro WF-4630 all-in-one inkjet, $149.99. It’s large and a bit noisy, but this Epson has very good performance and could save you money over the printer's lifespan because print costs are relatively low and it doesn't use very much extra ink to maintain the print heads. We saw this model at Target for $199.99.
- HP Envy 7640 all-in-one inkjet, $99.99. This high-scoring all-in-one prints lots of great-quality pages of text quickly. Best Buy is selling it for $129.99.
- Canon Pixma MX922 all-in-one inkjet, $69.99. One reason this model might be on discount is that it’s an older printer that has been around for a while. We recently found it at Target for $79.99.
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 all-in-one inkjet, $129.99. According to our tests, it offers very good print quality and prints pages fast. We found it at Best Buy for $199.99.
- Samsung Xpress C1860FW color laser printer, $224.99. All-in-one inkjets are the most popular type of printer, but at Staples, laser printers have the biggest discounts. For example, we saw this laser model at Walmart for $408.24.
Of course, the cost of owning a printer entails more than just the sticker price. Be sure to check our ratings, where you can find information on ink usage. For instance, you can see how a particular printer rated for maintenance ink use, and we include a calculation on the cost of ownership.
Copyright © 2005-2016 Consumers Union of U.S., Inc. No reproduction, in whole or in part, without written permission. Consumer Reports has no relationship with any advertisers on this site.