Welcome to the hot new column on FoxNews.com, "Fox on Sex," which will run twice a week. In addition to content from Sexpert Yvonne Fulbright, the column will showcase new writers and new features including an item from Sexpert Belisa Vranich, called "Dear Doc." You won't be disappointed.
Say goodbye to Oh-Nine, the year of naughty behavior and sex-related foibles. These are some of the most titillating moments of the past year.
1. Finally, men topless in blockbuster movies. Almost two decades since that career-changing moment for Brad Pitt, when he took off his shirt in "Thelma and Louise," comes "New Moon," the movie with no female nudity, no lewdness, no cursing, no drugs or violence. What it does have are teen vampires and werewolves with pecs and abs of steel.
2. The first Air Sex Championships were held in Austin, Texas. Just think air guitar, except with sex. And no sexually transmitted disease, guaranteed. Sign me up!
3. Using an unwed teenage mom as part of an abstinence campaign doesn’t work. Bristol Palin as the "Teen Pregnancy Ambassador" flopped. Duh.
4. Thongs and boy shorts are so passé. Lady Gaga performing in her skivvies was where it was at in ’09.
5. According to the Chinese calendar, 2010 is the year of the Tiger, although for Tiger Woods it started at the end of 2009 when multiple mistresses started popping up. So far, 2010 looks more like the year of the Cheat-ah.
6. Top-rated reality show "Jersey Shore" shows some of us haven’t learned kindergarten basics: No hitting, punching, spitting, and no one touching anyone else’s privates. How low can we go this year?
7. Ashton and Demi’s 16-year difference is peanuts compared to 2009’s uber-cougars: Madonna and Linda Hogan (28 and 31 years older than their boyfriends, respectively).
8. Note to Jon and Kate: Birthing more children does not solidify your relationship, and neither does a TV show about it. And while we are at it, Octomom: Birthing eight kids by yourself (without telling the sperm donor) doesn’t make you any more like Angelina Jolie, but rather a tried and true Bumpaholic.
9. Prize for biggest sexual hypocrite goes to South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford. The man who once urged President Clinton to resign for his indiscretion found himself in the glass house in 2009, tearing up about "soulmates" (from Greek mythology, when god Zeus cut the too cocky four-legged, four-armed humans in half and had them search for their each other for eternity) and the Bible’s King David.
10. Men around the world can rejoice -- getting old is cool (apart from the vampire boys in No. 1): Brett Favre turned 40, Randy Couture, 46; Bruce Springsteen, 60; Donny Osmond, 52, and Jon Bon Jovi, 47.
My breasts are two different sizes, and I am trying to learn to accept myself. It’s not going well, any suggestions? Should I consider surgery?
— Two Cups in Tennessee
Dear Two Cups,
Hearing from me that many women have different size breasts is not going to help; there are times when you have to learn to love (or live with) your body because you don’t have a choice. Only a surgeon can tell you if you will need to get a reduction in one, or an augmentation in the other, and even then they might not be absolutely symmetrical, but it might be enough to make you less self conscious.
Read the wonderful story called "Frankenboobs" about a woman who did get surgery on a great sexual Web site called Scarleteen.com for starters.
— Dr. B
Dr. Belisa Vranich is a psychologist and sex expert. She is the author of three books, including her latest "Get a Grip: Your Two-Week Mental Makeover," which is in stores now. Do you have a "Dear Doc" question? E-mail Dr. Vranich at DrBelisa@gmail.com and check out her Web site at www.drbelisa.com.