NEW YORK – Police say a football player at a Manhattan high school spiked two teammates' drinks with a dangerous chemical.
The victims got violently ill during their varsity team practice at Stuyvesant High School earlier this month after ingesting the energy drinks laced with the fungicide copper sulfate.
One teenager vomited blood, according to the elite public high school's newspaper, The Spectator.
Both are back in school.
Their 15-year-old teammate is charged with reckless endangerment, and was kicked off the team and suspended for two weeks. A half dozen other students who were aware of the prank but didn't alert anyone were suspended from the team, according to the school newspaper.