ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) - Troy Brouwer has signed a two-year, $4.7 million contract with the Washington Capitals.
The deal announced Wednesday comes less than two weeks after the right wing was acquired in a trade just before the NHL draft.
Washington sent the No. 26 overall pick to the Chicago Blackhawks for Brouwer, who was a restricted free agent.
The 25-year-old forward had 17 goals and 19 assists last season.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory