ST. PAUL, Minn. - The Minnesota Wild acquired centre Darroll Powe and tendered a qualifying offer to him and six other restricted free agents.
The moves were made Monday, four days before teams can begin negotiations with free agents from other teams.
The Wild traded a third-round pick in the 2013 draft to Philadelphia for Powe, a 26-year-old forward who led the Flyers with 196 hits last season and set career highs with seven goals and 10 assists. The speedy Powe from Princeton will compete for a spot on the third or fourth line and play on the penalty-killing unit.
The Wild also tendered qualifying offers to defencemen Justin Falk and Jeff Penner and forwards Colton Gillies, Jarod Palmer James Sheppard and Casey Wellman.
They declined to make a qualifying offer to forward Patrick O'Sullivan.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory