For those struggling to achieve their weight loss goals, a new program that incorporates anti-inflammatory eating and high intensity interval training may help to shed some pounds.
The program is called The Bulletproof Diet, and CEO and founder David Asprey says his method is designed to make you look, feel and perform at your very best
For years Asprey was obese and sick, weighing in at 300 lbs., while doing everything he could think of to lose the weight but with no success. He struggled with severe brain fog and had extremely low energy.
Asprey spent years experimenting and using cutting-edge nutrition and technology research, to discover how to look and feel his best while keeping the weight off. He used brain EEG testing, radioactive brain scans, blood chemistry work, and nervous system training to hack his biology to keep the weight off and achieve peak mental performance.
What is The Bulletproof Diet?
The Bulletproof Diet is an anti-inflammatory eating program that emphasizes focusing on quality of food rather than quantity of food. Calorie counting rarely works for people, and it leads to increased cravings which are counterproductive – particularly over the longer term. Instead, Asprey advocates for eating lots of healthy fats like avocado, coconut oil, and MCT oil – while restricting carbs and only eating high quality grass-fed meats.
Below are Asprey's most surprising but equally important findings that people can incorporate into their daily lives to feel higher energy and focus throughout the day, while achieving healthy weight loss:
- Skip carbs at breakfast: Drink Bulletproof Coffee for breakfast to experience energy without the crash, by keeping your body in fat-burning mode all day. If you don’t like coffee, still be sure to eat a high fat & protein breakfast meal to keep you satiated and to avoid cravings later in the day.
- Try the Bulletproof Diet for 2 weeks: Try it and see how you feel. Not only will these hacks improve your energy levels by day, they will help you sleep better by night too.
- Use high intensity interval training: Believe it or not, working out less but in HITT spurts will help you build even more muscle, which is critical to burn fat. This also does not stress your adrenals as much as long periods of cardio exercise.
- Eat plenty of fat: Eating the right fats from avocado, coconut, grass-fed butter, MCT oil, and grass-fed animals, will help you teach your body to enter ketosis and burn more fat.
- Discover your own food sensitivities: Everyone reacts differently to different foods, so you will want to experiment with different food groups to see which foods you can tolerate and which ones you should permanently cut out. Most people do best without sugar, gluten, and dairy.
You can learn more on Asprey’s blog. Asprey’s new book, The Bulletproof Diet, is available online and in stores now.
Dave Asprey is a Silicon Valley tech entrepreneur who spent 15 years and $300,000 to hack his own biology, losing 100 pounds, upgrading his IQ, and lowering his biological age. He runs the No. 1-ranked iTunes health podcast and The Bulletproof Executive blog about using biohacking to increase human performance — and he invented Bulletproof Coffee.
You can find more about biohacking, the art of changing your environment and your biology so you perform better in his new book The Bulletproof Diet, and also on The Bulletproof Executive website, Facebook and Twitter.