• 1 cup quinoa
• 1 bouillon cube, optional
• ½ avocado, cubed
• 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• ½ red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 cup cucumber, diced
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• ½ lime, juiced
1. Prepare quinoa according to package instructions (add bouillon cube to water for more flavor).
2. Transfer to serving bowl and let cool completely.
3. Add remaining ingredients and toss until well combined.
Elizabeth Carrion, a Dominican, co-founded Mi Cocina, a New Jersey-based catering service that also offers cooking classes, with her sister, Ana Martinez. Follow her on Twitter: @micocinalatina and visit her website micocina-latina.com.