These Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies from Bakerita are soft and chewy cookies full of freeze dried strawberries and chocolate chunks, dipped and drizzled with dark chocolate. Click here for more recipes like this from Bakerita.com.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup (8 oz.) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries, lightly crushed
- 8 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- Chocolate melting wafers, to dip and drizzle
- Cream the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy. Scrape down the side of the bowl. Continue mixing while adding the egg. Add the vanilla. Scrape down the bowl with a spatula.
- Combine the flour, soda and salt in another bowl. With a whisk, stir to combine. With the machine on low, slowly add the flour. Mix until just combined, taking care not to over mix. Fold in the freeze dried strawberries and chocolate chunks.
- Bake at 350°F for 11-14 minutes. They should be lightly golden around the edges and look just barely set in the center. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate wafers according to the directions on the package - brands may vary. Using your fingers or two forks, carefully dip the bottom of each cookie into the chocolate, scraping off the excess on the side of the bowl. Place some of the remaining melted chocolate into a small piping bag (or Ziplock bag with the corner snipped off) and drizzle dark chocolate over the cookies. Let the chocolate set before serving.