Layers of chocolate and gooey caramel add something new to this staple treat. These bars from Art and the Kitchen will be hard for any guest to resist.
- 1 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 bag marshmallows (about 20 large-2 cups mini)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 7 ounces unwrapped caramels (1/2 bag)
- 1 tbsp. water
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (divided use)
- 8 ounces milk chocolate
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate is firm.
- Cut into squares of desired size. Bars are best eaten at room temperature or only slightly chilled.