Yucca has a similar taste and texture to potatoes so add a little island flavor to your holiday with this recipe for delicious yucca fries. Plus they're packed with fiber, vitamin C and antioxidants.
- 1 Turbana yucca, peeled
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Creole spice blend
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cut yucca into 2-3” long, thickslices.
- Put into pot and fill with cold water. Bring water to a gentle boil and let boil or about 10 min (until yucca pieces are easily pierced with a fork).
- Pour into a strainer and let sit for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up coconut oil in large pan on medium/high heat.
- Place yucca pieces into oil and rotate every few minutes until crispy and golden brown. This should take about 10 minutes total.
- When your fries are ready, place onto a plate lined with paper towels and sprinkle with sea salt.
For the creole dip:
- Combine mayo, lime juice, creole seasoning and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl.