Today, Tuesday Oct. 4 is National Taco Day. You could always grab a grocery store meal kit, saute up some beef and stuff your own. But plenty of restaurants around the country are offering deeply discounted tacos, free sides like chips and salsa and even taco-theme greeting cards.
Ready to say hola to some good grub?
Chevy’s, Taco Bell, Qdoba and more and rolling out the soft and crunchy carpet today.
Chevy’s Fresh Mex
– National Taco Day contest: Customers at the Clifton and Linden, N.J. locations who finish a 4-pound taco within 30 minutes will be awarded free tacos for one year
– Spend $5 at a participating Green Leaf’s location, get one free Baja Street Taco
– Taco Bell will have special greeting cards, but no special promotions
Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
– 1 free regular taco with each Taco Gigante order
– Margaritas locations in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Qdoba Mexican Eats
– Free drink or an order of ships and salsa with entree
– Requires that customer signs up with the Qdoba Rewards loyalty program
On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
– Mini Crispy Tacos for 50 cents all day at participating restaurants (no limit per customer)
Rubio’s Coastal Grill
– Original Fish Taco for $1.75 all day (normally priced at $2.99)