Here's what's happening out there:
• The other day on Instagram, aspiring model Josie Canseco — the daughter of former MLB player Jose Canseco — shared a photo of herself cooling off with a hose (above). She also hinted in the caption that she lacks a pool, but that's probably because she blew her entire budget on the skimpiest, most complicated bikini she could find.
• Speaking of useful articles of clothing, we recently interviewed Sophie Simmons and asked about the must-have items every woman should own. Watch the video below for her picks, or, if you'd rather, just disregard everything she says and blow your entire wardrobe budget on a strappy pink bikini:
• According to a source for Us Weekly, Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth are re-engaged after breaking off their original engagement in 2013. However, it's not yet known if Specer's Gifts still has Miley's original wedding registry on file, or if she'll be forced to re-scan her favorite all over again.
• After less than a year of dating, Mariah Carey and her billionaire boyfriend James Packer are engaged. So hopefully, Miley didn't buy up all the psychedelic butterfly wings at Spencer's Gifts, as Carey will certainly need a few dozen for her own bachelorette party.
• Disney star and former "Dancing With the Stars" contestant Zendaya Coleman was announced as the new face of CoverGirl on Thursday (below). So now, as is customary, the last face of CoverGirl will retire to a cave underneath the Procter & Gamble headquarters to live out the rest of her days in solitude and shame.
• The Hasty Pudding Theatrical student society at Harvard University has named "Snowden" actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt as their Hasty Pudding Man of the Year. He's set to be formally honored on February 5, which means they'll probably try to humiliate him like they did with last year.
• On Thursday, Rock and Roll Hall-of-Famer and proto-punk legend Iggy Pop announced he's been working on a secret album called "Post Pop Depression," and later appeared on "The Late Show" to perform its first single (below). It's unknown why Pop seems to be rushing out his new music, but we're guessing it's because he realized he's a rocker in his late '60s, and those guys have not been doing so well lately.
• And finally, the TV trackers at Neilsen are reportedly planning to start monitoring our Facebook conversations in order to find out what shows we're watching. Won't they be surprised, then, when they find out we're really only interested in viral cat videos?