Aug 5, 2015 at 2:07am PDT
Here's what everybody's talking about:
• Fashion model Gigi Hadid bared plenty of skin at the David Jones Fashion Show in Sydney, Australia, arriving in a low-cut minidress that showcased lots of leg and décolletage (above). You could say she took cleavage to brand new heights, or maybe even brand new depths, if you wanna be pervy about it.
• Jim Gaffigan's funny new series "The Jim Gaffigan Show" airs tonight on TV Land — but it's not your average bumbling-husband sitcom. Ashley Williams, who plays Gaffigan's better half on the show, recently told us it's more about Jim's chaotic home life and (wait for it) his love of snacking. Watch our interview with Williams to see what she means, along with a peek at the new show:
• British actor Idris Elba posed for the cover of Maxim's September issue, marking the first time a solo male has graced the cover in the history of the magazine (below). In another historic first, the "Beasts of No Nation" star is also the first man to make this oversized wool jacket look like a sensible summer garment.
Aug 4, 2015 at 6:08am PDT
• Kelly Osbourne has found herself in hot water after trying to shame Donald Trump on Tuesday's episode of "The View," saying, "If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilet, Donald Trump?" Needless to say, she's had to apologize, and her chances at a 2016 presidential run are most likely shot.
• On Tuesday, a very proud his Matthew McConaughey announced on Twitter that his wife Camila Alves had become an official U.S. citizen (below). He didn't specify how he celebrated the news, so we can only assume he blurted out an ecstatic "alright alright alright" and went home to immediately play the bongos nude.
congratulations Camila on getting your U.S. citizenship today- another fellow and great American. pic.twitter.com/yuA9mOsG7O— Matthew McConaughey (@McConaughey) August 4, 2015
• Forbes has ranked Robert Downey Jr. as the world's highest-paid actor, with estimated earnings of $80 million between June 2014 and June 2015. According to Forbes, Downey out-earns fellow action stars including Jackie Chan and Tom Cruise, which should really make those two reconsider performing their own stunts.
• In an obvious publicity stunt for their upcoming ABC series, Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy announced their separation on Facebook. (Yes, for real.) At the moment, it's unclear whether this (fake) event will factor into the plot of their show, or if ABC is merely capitalizing on the current rash of unfortunate celebrity breakups (e.g. Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale, Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock) for promotional purposes. Tune in this fall to find out, Gwen, Gavin, Reba and Narvel!
• Former "True Blood" star Alexander Skarsgard arrived in drag for the premiere of his new film "The Diary of a Teenage Girl" (below) He didn't explain why, but E! Online theorizes that he was giving a nod co-star Joshua Granell, who in real-life performs as a drag queen. We, however, have another theory: It was a convoluted way to get some publicity for "The Diary of a Teenage Girl," which we're just now learning about.
Aug 4, 2015 at 6:38am PDT
• Former 007 actor Pierce Brosnan was detained at Vermont's Burlington International Airport for allegedly trying to bring a 10-inch hunting knife through security in his carry-on luggage. The knife was taken away and Brosnan was allowed to board his plane shortly afterward, but it was too late: Blofeld had already gotten away.
• Khloe Kardashian posed for the September cover of Women's Health in an open button-up and no bra (below), in part to show off her "revenge body" to the body-shaming critics who used to call her "the fat one." She looks great, but we can't help feeling there's a better way to exact revenge than by becoming the exact thing you were shamed into becoming.
Aug 4, 2015 at 10:45am PDT
• English singer Zayn Malik, formerly of One Direction, has reportedly called off his engagement to pop star Perrie Edwards of the English girl group Little Mix. It's not yet known if Zayn plans to continue this trend of distancing himself from every successful thing he's ever been a part of, but we'll know for sure if he suddenly renounces his CostCo membership later this week.