Here's what all the buzz is about:
• Former Sports Illustrated covergirl (and current "Game of War" spokeswoman) Kate Upton shared a sultry snapshot on Instagram from her upcoming shoot in V magazine (below). As you can see, the photographers chose not to shoot Kate in a natural setting, opting instead for what appears to be the portrait station at a tropics-themed Bat Mitzvah.
Jun 9, 2015 at 3:02pm PDT
• After earning Sports Illustrated's "Rookie of the Year" honor in 2014, Sara Sampaio probably didn't think her career could possibly get any better — at least until Victoria's Secret named her one of their newest Angels in 2015. To hear how she reacted (and to check out a few of her hot shots from the latest VS Fashion Show), be sure to watch our exclusive interview above.
• And finally, Madame Tussauds of London has announced plans to craft a new wax likeness of Kim Kardashian — this time with a cell phone in her outstretched hand, poised to take a selfie. The phone will reportedly be functional too, meaning that visitors will be able to take their own poorly framed, poorly lit photo with Kim's statue for the most interactively vapid experience ever!
• In an interview with Vanity Fair, "Clueless" director Amy Heckerling said the original movie studio (FOX) wanted her to give the lead role to either Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie, Tiffani Theissen ("Saved By the Bell") or Keri Russell ("The Americans"). Fortunately, Heckerling cast Alicia Silverstone instead, and none of those other actresses were ever heard from again.
• On Tuesday, Lionsgate released the first teaser trailer for "Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 2" (below), and it appears to cover a lot of the same themes as the last few films, including rebellion, class warfare, and the omnipresence of black Kevlar bodysuits:
• According to sources for Us Weekly, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are expecting a baby boy. Make no mistake, though: The baby's sex will likely have no bearing on how ridiculous of a pun they'll considering when filling out the "NAME" entry on his birth certificate. UPDATE: Kim says she and Kanye haven't told anyone the sex of the baby. We still stand by the latter part of our original entry, though.
• Charlie Sheen was admitted to a hospital on Monday night after reportedly coming down with an "extreme" case of food poisoning. He was treated for dehydration and released after only an hour and a half, perhaps because doctors quickly realized they didn't have any drugs or treatments that work on tiger-blooded humanoids.
• Late Tuesday evening on Instagram, "Live With Kelly and Michael" host Kelly Ripa shared a photo of her new pink hairdo (below), captioning the shot with "For the love of P!NK." (And here we thought our Aunt Joanie was P!NK's biggest fan. She bought three different remixes of "Get the Party Started," you know!)
Jun 9, 2015 at 6:03pm PDT
• Taylor Swift fans got all hot and bothered on Tuesday when it was reported that Katy Perry would be recording a song called "1984," as they all assumed it would be a "revenge song" in response to Swift's "Bad Blood." But later in the day, Perry's management dismissed the rumors as "completely false," so Swift's fans will just have to find another outlet for all that residual anger. Maybe they can direct it at people who hate cats or something.
• Johnny Depp's new wife, "Magic Mike XXL" actress Amber Heard, posed in a swimsuit for the cover of Elle magazine's July issue (below). In the mag's pages, she also opens up about her new husband, claiming that marrying Depp didn't cause a "dramatic change" in her lifestyle. So either Depp is a lot more normal than we thought, or Amber too likes to collect gothic artifacts and fanciful scarves.
Jun 9, 2015 at 7:36am PDT
• Actor Jon Bernthal — whom you might recognize as the beefy brutish Shane from "The Walking Dead" or the beefy brutish Brad from "The Wolf of Wall Street" — has been chosen to play the beefy brutish Marvel superhero Punisher on the second season of Netflix's "Daredevil" series. (It's a bit of a stretch, but we think he can pull it off.)
• Italian swimwear company Calzedonia has placed a huge billboard featuring Sara Sampaio smack-dab in the middle of Milan's main train terminal (below), which should be a very effective tool for advertising their new CLZ bikini collection or a very effective tool for helping Milan commuters completely miss their trains.
Jun 9, 2015 at 9:45am PDT
• And finally, Bantam Books is planning to publish an "adult" coloring book based on George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" novels, of which HBO's "Game of Thrones" is based. So if you were unhappy with the color schemes HBO chose for the story's many instances of regiscide, incest and child murder, here comes your chance to correct all that.