A bride is only going to wear her wedding dress once (ideally), so she's usually pretty careful not to stain, stretch, or tear it on her big day.
But not Blake Lively. Blake Lively burned hers.
As she explained in the August issue of Vogue, the 26-year-old actress accidentally charred part of her custom-made Marchesa dress at her wedding reception in 2012. She was evidently holding a sparkler a little too close to herself during a performance from Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine.
"I look down and my wedding dress has a big burn mark from one of the sparklers. Right on the front! And it was just so heartbreaking to me.”
Lively's new husband Ryan Reynolds, however, helped her put a new spin on the scorched spot. "Later, my dress was hanging up and Ryan said, ‘Isn't that beautiful?' I said, ‘What?' And he pointed to the burn," said Lively in Vogue. "My heart just stopped, because it was such a sensitive little subject. And he said, ‘You'll always remember that moment with Florence singing and the sparklers. You have that forever, right there, preserved.' Now that's my favorite part of the dress."
Lively also told Vogue about reaching out to a famous friend when her wedding plans weren't panning out.
“Our wedding was becoming a disaster, and we didn’t know what to do, so we called Martha,” said Lively, who was referring to none other than Martha Stewart. “She said, ‘Don’t worry. I’ll handle it.’ She sent her team down to save us. And then she called her friends who have a home in South Carolina and set us up at the most amazing getaway.”
For more, be sure to pick up Lively's issue of Vogue on newsstands July 23rd.