NBC's Alec Baldwin experiment is over 46 days after it began.
“We are jointly confirming that UP LATE will not continue on MSNBC,” the network and actor's reps said in a joint statement to FOX411.
MSNBC had already suspended Alec Baldwin’s low-rated news program last week following an alleged gay slur directed toward a photographer outside his New York City apartment earlier this month.
Despite the actor's apologies, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) had also had enough.
“Mr. Baldwin can’t fight for equality on paper, while degrading gay people in practice,” a GLAAD rep told FOX411.
Alec Baldwin apologizes for hurling 'anti-gay epithet' at photographer
Capital One stands by Alec Baldwin; experts urge anger management classes
Inside the mind of Alec Baldwin
MSNBC suspends Alec Baldwin's talk show; Actor apologizes again for anti-gay slurs
Alec Baldwin threatens to quit show business
Capital One, which employs Baldwin in its “What’s in your wallet?” TV campaign, has so far done nothing to distance themselves from the hot-headed thespian. The credit card giant did not respond to multiple requests for comment from FOX411 last week regarding his status with the company.
Baldwin’s last episode of "Up Late" hit a demo low, pulling in only 101,000 viewers 25-54 against 395,000 total viewers. The demo number represented a 41 percent drop from the 172,000 adults aged 25-54 who watched the one-hour program's October 11 debut.
Hollie McKay contributed to this report.