Take a look back at the actress' life in Hollywood.
Robert Wagner does not want to be involved in the latest inquiry into his wife Natalie Wood’s mysterious death.
Wagner was interviewed by authorities soon after Wood's death in 1981, but the actor is the only person who was on the yacht the night Wood died who has not spoken to detectives as part of the latest inquiry, despite repeated requests and attempts, sheriff's Lt. John Corina said.
A close insider told FOX 411’s Pop Tart’s column that the new investigation is evoking fresh emotions for those who were closest to the actress.
“It is all very sad and painful for them to have to relive this again more than 31 years since Natalie’s death,” the source said. “I think most families just wish it could be let go so everyone could really move on.”
Blair Berk, an attorney for Wagner and his family, said the actor had cooperated with authorities since his wife died.
Detectives began re-investigating the case in November 2011. Since then investigators have interviewed more than 100 people.
"Mr. Wagner has fully cooperated over the last 30 years in the investigation of the accidental drowning of his wife in 1981," Berk said in a prepared statement. "Mr. Wagner has been interviewed on multiple occasions by the Los Angeles sheriff's department and answered every single question asked of him by detectives during those interviews."
After 30 years, Berk said, neither Wagner nor his daughters have any new information to add.
On Monday, the Los Angeles Cornor’s Office released a new review of Wood’s death that raises red flags on almost every aspect of the original coroner’s report.
Her death was ruled an accident after the original investigation, but the new report revealed bruises on Wood’s wrists, knees and ankles could have occurred before she fell into the ocean, indicating she may have been assaulted.
The renewed inquiry came after the yacht's captain Dennis Davern told "48 Hours" and the "Today" show that he heard Wagner and Wood arguing the night of her disappearance and believed Wagner was to blame for her death.
Authorities have not identified any suspects in the case.
Wood, 43, was on a yacht with Wagner, Christopher Walken and the boat captain on Thanksgiving weekend of 1981 before she somehow ended up in the water.
Corina said detectives have tried at least 10 times to interview Wagner but have been refused. He said some of the refusals have come from the actor's attorney, and that detectives at one point traveled to Colorado to try to speak with Wagner but were unsuccessful.
Detectives have also interviewed other actors who knew both Wagner and Wood to learn more about their relationship.
Corina said the latest interviews have turned up new evidence.
"Most of the people we've talked to were never talked to 30 years ago," he said. "We've got a lot of new information."
Asked if the information might lead to criminal charges, Corina said that would be up to prosecutors if they are presented a case.
"All we can do is collect the facts," he said. "We're still trying to collect all the facts."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.