By Elizabeth Carrion, ,
Published January 11, 2017
For this year's Hispanic Heritage Month, Fox News Latino takes you on culinary trip that will provide your cocina five mouthwatering dishes from our diverse and rich Latino culinary world. Enjoy!
• 1 stick butter, unsalted and softened
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
• 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
• ½ cup whole milk
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Three Milks Sauce Ingredients
• 12 ounce can evaporated milk
• 14 ounce can condensed milk
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
• ¼ cup spiced rum (optional)
Whipped Topping Ingredients
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Using a mixer at medium speed, combine butter and sugar until well incorporated.
2. Add eggs, one at a time.
3. At low speed, add flour and baking powder.
4. Then add milk and vanilla extract.
5. Slowly increase speed and mix until smooth.
6. Pour into an approximately 11x7 greased deep baking dish
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
8. Place on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
9. Pour all sauce ingredients into a blender and mix until well combined.
10. With a fork, pierce holes all over the cooled cake.
11. Pour three milks mixture over cake, reserving ½ cup (tip: use a strainer to reduce pouring foam)
12. Cover and refrigerate for two hours (preferably overnight) to allow the cake to soak it up.
13. To make whipped topped, place both ingredients in mixer using a whisk attachment. Start at low speed and slowly increase to high until whipped. This will take a few minutes.
14. Spread over cake and serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
15. Pour reserved sauce into plate for each individual serving and place cake portions over sauce.