LOS ANGELES – The man charged in a deadly shooting rampage at Los Angeles International Airport is due in court and prosecutors could announce whether they will seek the death penalty.
Paul Ciancia is scheduled to appear Monday for a status hearing in Los Angeles federal court.
Prosecutors said this summer that they expected a decision in November from the attorney general about whether to pursue the death penalty in the killing of a Transportation Security Administration officer and the wounding of three other people at LAX last year.
A federal prosecutor said Thursday that the attorney general had not yet made a decision about the death penalty.
Ciancia, a New Jersey native, has pleaded not guilty to murder and other charges.
The judge wants the case to go to trial next year.