NEW ORLEANS – New Orleans police and federal authorities are searching for a young man who's suspected of opening fire at a Mother's Day parade in New Orleans, wounding 19.
Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas identified the suspect late Monday as 19-year-old Akein Scott of New Orleans. Serpas said several people identified Scott as the gunman based on blurry surveillance camera images of the mass shooting.
Serpas said officers would be searching all night and into Tuesday for Scott, whom he called "no stranger to the criminal justice system." He urged the teen, who has previous arrests on firearms and drug charges, to turn himself in.
Three gunshot victims remained in critical condition Monday, though their wounds didn't appear to be life-threatening. Most of the wounded had been released from the hospital.