Menu
Home

Crime & Courts

Toddler dies after grandma accidentally gives him water bottle full of cleaning solution

Authorities in Merced County, Calif., say no charges are expected to be filed after a two-year-old boy died from drinking cleaning fluid.

Authorities tell the Merced Sun-Star that the child's grandmother gave the boy what she thought was a bottle of water to drink Friday afternoon. The boy had become thirsty while playing at his grandparents' shop and the grandmother found the bottle on the floorboard of her husband's truck.

But the bottle actually contained solution used to clean aluminum rims.

Officials say the grandfather realized what the boy had ingested after he started choking. He was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Officials say the incident was nothing more than a tragic accident.

 

Bank Rates

Loan Type Graph Rate +/- Last Week
30 Y Fixed Graph 4.28% dw 4.30%  
15 Y Fixed Graph 3.24% up 3.18%  
30 Y Fixed Jumbo Graph 4.55% dw 4.58%  
5/1 ARM Graph 3.41% dw 3.53%  
5/1 Jumbo ARM Graph 3.55% dw 3.59%  
Loan Type Graph Rate +/- Last Week
$30K HELOC Graph 4.36% up 4.34%  
$50K HELOC Graph 4.06% -- 4.06%  
$30K Loan Graph 5.07% up 4.98%  
$50K Loan Graph 4.51% up 4.39%  
$75K Loan Graph 4.51% up 4.39%  
Loan Type Graph Rate +/- Last Week
36 M New Graph 2.92% up 2.91%  
36 M Used Graph 3.43% up 3.42%  
48 M New Graph 3.18% up 3.17%  
48 M Used Graph 2.92% -- 2.92%  
60 M New Graph 3.19% up 3.18%  
Loan Type Graph Yield +/- Last Week
6 month Graph 0.35% up 0.34%  
1 yr Graph 0.66% -- 0.66%  
5 yr Graph 1.35% up 1.34%