ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony must return to Orlando within two weeks to serve a year's probation for check fraud, a Florida judge ruled Thursday.
Judge Belvin Perry said that Anthony must follow a probation order issued by another judge and report to an Orange County probation officer no later than Aug. 26 at noon, although she could report earlier.
The other judge had ordered Anthony to report to Florida last week for her one-year probation. But that judge later recused himself and turned the case over to Perry, who presided over the murder trial that ended last month with Anthony's acquittal.
Anthony's attorneys had argued that she served her probation while in jail awaiting trial in her murder case and requiring her to do so again would be double jeopardy. They also argued that her life would be in danger if her location were known, given that she has received death threats.
Perry said he would authorize the Department of Corrections to make an exception and keep Anthony's address private during her probation.
"It is clear the court stated the defendant's probation was to start once she was released from jail," Perry said in his order.
Anthony has been out of the public eye since she was acquitted in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. The jury's decision angered many people online and elsewhere, and threats were made against Anthony's life.