Casey Anthony has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder charges of her daughter Caylee and remains behind bars in Orlando.
CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Shortly after resuming jury selection in the case of an Orlando mom accused of murdering her toddler daughter in 2008, the jury pool was dismissed due to a report that a witness spoke to prospective jurors.
Dozens of jurors were let go after a witness with close ties to the Casey Anthony case spoke to them, MyFoxTampaBay.com reports.
Casey Anthony, 25, is charged with first-degree murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. Anthony has pleaded not-guilty and claims that a baby sitter kidnapped the toddler. Caylee's remains were found six months after she was reported missing -- her body wrapped in a bag and her mouth covered with a piece of duct tape.
The witness was reportedly part of a search team for the missing child.
One dismissed juror had already made up her mind about the case.
"She's guilty, I think. That's my own personal decision," the juror told MyFoxTampaBay.com.
The judge had hoped to have 20 jurors -- including eight alternates -- in place by Friday, but the process will now be setback by at least a day and a half.
"The idea they are going to get a jury by Friday is crazy," attorney Jeff Brown told MyFoxTampaBay.com.
Jurors are being selected at a courthouse in Clearwater, about 100 miles away from Orlando, due to the intense media coverage.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.