More families of students wounded in the Columbine High School shootings have asked a federal judge to reconsider his decision to throw out their lawsuits.

In motions filed Thursday, the families said journal entries by gunman Eric Harris published in newspapers this month shed new light on the case.

The journal entries detail plans for a bloodbath at the school. James Cederberg, an attorney for the two families, said the plan likely would have been discovered a year earlier if authorities had executed a search warrant they considered during an investigation of a pipe bomb incident.

Sheriff's officials have said there wasn't enough information to obtain a search warrant.

Last month, U.S. District Judge Lewis Babcock dismissed all but one of the lawsuits against sheriff's officers and school officials. He ruled they responded reasonably to a "rapidly evolving violent situation."

Harris and Dylan Klebold killed 13 students and a teacher before killing themselves on April 20, 1999, at the school near Denver.

Cederberg represents the families of Richard Castaldo, who was paralyzed in the shootings, and Kacey Ruegsegger, who was shot in the shoulder and hand.

Relatives of two other victims previously asked Babcock to reconsider his decision.

Babcock allowed a lawsuit filed by relatives of teacher Dave Sanders, who bled to death, to proceed. The judge noted that authorities did not reach Sanders until about 3 1/2 hours after they knew the gunmen were dead.