Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Tuesday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
- INDIANAPOLIS - UConn, college basketball's unstoppable force, goes for its fourth straight NCAA women's title and 75th victory in a row when it plays former Big East rival Syracuse. Game starts 8:30 p.m.
- PHILADELPHIA - Classes are off, the party is on. Students and fans welcome home Villanova - national champions for the first time in 31 years.
More from FoxSports
- CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - North Carolina, jolted by one of the great shots in college basketball history, enters an offseason waiting to see if it is hit with NCAA sanctions and whether coach Roy Williams stays.
- HOUSTON - The NCAA Tournament started March 15 with Florida Gulf Coast routing Fairleigh Dickinson 96-65. Three weeks later it ended with a game for the ages.
- OAKLAND, Calif. - The Warriors look to become the second team in NBA history to win 70 games in a season when they play the last-place Minnesota Timberwolves. Game starts 10:30 p.m.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Noah Syndegaard starts for the New York Mets to complete an oddly timed two-game series with the Kansas City Royals - a rematch of last year's World Series. Game starts 4:15 p.m.
- NEW YORK - After a one-day delay caused by rain, AL Cy Young Award winner Dallas Keuchel of Houston and the New York Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka face each other in a season opener. Game starts 1:05 p.m.
- CLEVELAND - The Indians and Red Sox play their opener after Monday's game was postponed because of cold. David Price debuts for Boston; Corey Kluber goes for Cleveland. Game starts 1:10 p.m.
- AUGUSTA, Ga. - Jordan Spieth has never experienced anything but success at the Masters - a runner-up finish and a victory.
- AUGUSTA, Ga. - Bryson DeChambleau is unlike most U.S. Amateur champions to play the Masters. He is as curious about physics as he is golf.
- NEW YORK - The NFL has picked Twitter to stream its Thursday night games. This past season, it partnered with Yahoo to stream a game from London that took place on a Sunday morning in the U.S.
- LOS ANGELES - Manny Pacquiao might retire after fighting Timothy Bradley this weekend, having trained for much of the past 15 years in a quirky Hollywood gym.
- Two Champions League quarterfinals (first leg): Atletico Madrid at Barcelona; Benfica at Bayern Munich. Both games start 2:45 p.m.
- The head of Kenya's track and field federation says the World Anti-Doping Agency is ''satisfied'' with the country's progress in improving what was a feeble anti-doping program.