INDIANAPOLIS (AP) In a story March 15 about Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, The Associated Press reported erroneously that he had been convicted of simple assault by a Washington, D.C., jury. He was convicted in a non-jury trial.
A corrected version of the story is below:
Colts linebacker Jackson intends to appeal in assault case
More from FoxSports
Indianapolis Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson says he will appeal an assault conviction
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson says he will appeal an assault conviction delivered in a non-jury trial in Washington, D.C.
Jackson, 32, was found guilty of simple assault in an altercation with a delivery driver last year.
Last week, the team released a statement from Jackson. In it, he said he believes ''justice will prevail.'' Jackson also expressed regret that the case had gotten this far. During last year's offseason workouts, Jackson also publicly apologized for the distraction the case had caused.
Jackson was Indianapolis' leading tackler last season. He finished with 106 tackles, three sacks, one interception and forced a fumble. He joined the Colts in 2014, made his first playoff appearance that season and was named to the Pro Bowl.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL