Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Tuesday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
- PHILADELPHIA - Critics of the NFL's proposed $1 billion plan to settle concussion claims say a league official's acknowledgement of a link between football and the brain disease CTE is a game changer.
- HAVANA - Days before the first presidential trip to Havana in nearly 90 years, the Obama administration paves the way for Cubans to play in the majors without having to abandon their country.
More from FoxSports
- LONDON - They've fled war and violence in the Middle East and Africa. They've crossed treacherous seas and lived in dusty camps. Now they are contenders for a team of refugee athletes at the Rio Olympics.
- PHILADELPHIA - Black basketball and football players at the top college teams are graduating at lower rates than black male students at the same schools, a University of Pennsylvania report finds.
- The men's NCAA Tournament begins with two First Four games in Dayton, Ohio: Florida Gulf Coast vs. Fairleigh Dickinson (6:40 p.m.) and Vanderbilt vs. Wichita State (9:10 p.m.).
- CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - Texas, VCU and Chattanooga are among 10 schools in the NCAA Tournament with new coaches.
- LAWRENCE, Kan. - The engines that make No. 1 Kansas run could just as easily be playing now for Towson and Appalachian State. That's where Frank Mason III and Devonte Graham once seemed headed.
- WACO, Texas - King McClure was diagnosed with a heart condition after arriving at Baylor. Now, fortified with an implanted defibrillator and a whole lot wiser, the freshman is playing in the NCAA Tournament.
- Some have called the women's NCAA Tournament the UConn Invitational. The Huskies are overwhelming favorites for an unprecedented fourth straight national title. A look at some teams that might derail them.
- The NIT begins with nine games, among them Davidson at Florida State (7 p.m.); Akron at Ohio State (7 p.m.) and Alabama at Creighton (9 p.m.).
- SAN ANTONIO - The Spurs, winners of 41 straight at home during the regular season, play the Clippers. Los Angeles was the last team to win in San Antonio - in last spring's playoffs. Game starts 8:30 p.m.
- BOCA RATON, Fla. - NHL general managers discuss hits to the head and amending the coach's challenge system during the second of three days of meetings.
- INDIAN WELLS, Calif. - Serena Williams plays a fourth-round match against a qualifier at the BNP Paribas Open. Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal compete in third-round matches on the men's side.
- NOME, Alaska - Dallas Seavey wins the Iditarod for the third straight year and fourth time in five years. His father, Mitch Seavey, is second in the nearly 1,000-mile sled dog race that lasted 8 1/2 days.
- SOUTH BEND, Ind. - The quarterback competition between Malik Zaire and DeShone Kizer will highlight Notre Dame's spring practice.
- Two Champions League games: (second round, second leg): Atletico Madrid vs. PSV Eindhoven and Manchester City vs. Dynamo Kiev. Both start 3:45 p.m.
- Antonio Conte will leave as Italy's national soccer coach after this year's European Championship. He took over the team after the 2014 World Cup and has been linked with a move to the Premier League.