Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Friday. A full Sports Digest will be sent about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
- GREENSBORO, N.C. - Tiger Woods looks to stay in contention for the victory that will put him in golf's postseason during the second round of the Wyndham Championship. UPCOMING: 700 words, photos by 7:30 p.m.
- BEIJING - His sport under siege, the president of the IAAF dismissed the notion that track and field's credibility has been compromised by a storm of doping allegations. He called it ''ridiculous'' to suggest the federation has ever swept evidence of positive tests under the rug. SENT: 950 words, photos.
More from FoxSports
- COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State coach Urban Meyer plans to embrace the grind of trying to win consecutive national championships while also appreciating the success he's having. 900 words, photos by 2 p.m.
- ANAHEIM, Calif. - David Price goes for his third victory in four starts since joining the Blue Jays when they open a three-game series against the Angels. UPCOMING: 700 words, photos. Starts 10 p.m.
- EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - Matt Ryan and Atlanta's starting offense had an impressive exhibition opener, and now face Darrelle Revis and the New York Jets' improved defense. UPCOMING: 700 words, photos. Starts 7:30 p.m.
- CLEVELAND - Browns coach Mike Pettine didn't want to ''stir up'' a quarterback. However, he may already have one after Josh McCown threw two interceptions and Johnny Manziel threw a TD pass in a loss to the Bills. UPCOMING: 600 words, photos.
- WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - All 16 teams play in the Little League World Series: UPCOMING: 750 words, photos after sixth game, about 8.p.m. UPCOMING: 150 words on each of eight games: Uganda-Dominican Republic (10 a.m.); Texas-Oregon (11 a.m.); Venezuela-Australia (1 p.m.); Kentucky-California (2 p.m.); Canada-Mexico (4 p.m.); South Carolina-Rhode Island (5 p.m.); Taiwan-Japan (7 p.m.); Pennsylvania-Missouri (8 p.m.).
- MASON, Ohio - Top seeds Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams open the quarterfinals at the Western & Southern Open. UPCOMING: 600 words by 4 p.m. ET. Federer plays evening match at 7 p.m.
- BRISTOL Tenn. - Clint Bowyer won't reveal where he's headed now that he's got his release from Michael Waltrip Racing, which will cease operations at the end of the season. UPCOMING. 700 words, photos by 1 p.m.
- LONG POND, Pa. - Juan Pablo Montoya holds the points lead with two races left in the IndyCar season heading in to Pocono. UPCOMING. 800 words, photos by 5 p.m.
- OLYMPIA FIELDS, Ill. - A month after sharing the 54-hole lead in the British Open, Ireland's Paul Dunne faces NCAA champion Bryson DeChambeau of SMU in the U.S. Amateur quarterfinals. UPCOMING: 500 words by 8 p.m.
- COQUITLAM, British Columbia - France's Karine Icher takes a two-stroke lead over two-time champion Lydia Ko into the second round of the Canadian Pacific Women's Open. UPCOMING: 500 words, photos by 11 p.m.
- SNQOUALMIE, Wash. - Fred Couples, Jeff Maggert and Bernhard Langer are the featured group in the first round of the Boeing Classic. UPCOMING: 500 words by 10 p.m.